The Confederation and all its affiliated organizations shall participate in the nationwide one day strike on 2nd September 2015 as per the call of all Central Trade Unions and independent Federations.
Our main demands of the Central Government Employees are as follows.
1. Effect wage revision of the Central Government Employees from 01.01.2014 accepting memorandum of the staff side JCM; ensure 5-year wage revision in future; grant interim relief and merger of 100% of DA; Include Gramin Dak Sevaks within the ambit of 7th CPC. Settle all anomalies of 6th CPC.
2. No Privatisation, PPP or FDI in Railways, Defence Establishment and no corporatization of Postal services.
3. No ban on creation of new posts. Fill up all vacant posts.
4. Scrap PFRDA Act an re-introduce the defined benefit statutory pension scheme.
5. No outsourcing, contractrisation, privatization of governmental functions; withdraw the proposed move to close down the printing presses, the publications, form stores and stationery departments and medical stores Depots; regularize the existing daily-rated/casual and contract workers and absorption of trained apprentices.
6. Revive the JCM functioning at all level as an effective negotiating forum for settlement of the demands of the Central Government Employees.
7. Remove arbitrary ceiling on compassionate appointment.
8. No labour reforms which are inimical to the interest of the workers.
9. Remove the ceiling on payment on bonus.
10. Ensure five promotions in the serve career.
The 7th CPC is expected to submit its report to the Government of India next month, the staff side (JCM) had submitted its memorandum to the 7th CPC and had presented the oral evidence on it its demand, the 7th CPC chairman & members had a patient hearing on our demands, however there is no assurance on the acceptance of the demands which includes following main demands.
a) The minimum wage shall be Rs 26,000/- wef 1/1/2014.
b) 5-year wage revision as in other Government agencies.
c) DA merger and interim relief.
d) 5 MACP promotions.
e) Fitment formula of 3.72
f) The Grade Pay system to be replaced by time scale and ensure that uniformity of scales is to be introduced.
g) Increment rate shall be 5%, on promotion additional benefits.
h) All allowances should be trebled.
Now the Central Government Employees are the worst sufferers due to the policy offensives of the Government. No DA Merger, No Interim Relief, No retrospective date of effect to 7th CPC from 01.01.2014 as demanded by JCM Staff Side, refusal to include Gramin Dak Sewaks under 7thCPC, denial of revision of wages and regularization of casual labourers, non implementation of Cadre Restructuring agreement signed by Postal department and Postal federations, 5% condition on Compassionate appointment, non revision of bonus ceiling, non implementation of arbitration awards, non convening of JCM National Council are the one year balance sheet of the Modi Government in the Central Government employees sector. Over and above this, policy offensives like Task Force Committee Report on Postal Corporatisation, Bibek Debroy Committee Report on Railway privatization, corporatization of the 41 Ordinance factories in the defence sector, move to close down printing, stationery and publication department and Medical store depots, non filling up of vacancies, downsizing, outsourcing, contractrisation, privatisation, are also being implemented in an aggressive manner.
Meanwhile on trade union demands the Government had invited trade unions for the talks on their justified demands which include proper minimum wage, labour laws, bonus ceiling enhancement etc. but the Government had not come to any agreement on these basic demands.
Hence the Central Government Employees should join the 2nd SEPTEMBER 2015 NATIONAL STRIKE as our demands of proper wage hike is unlikely to be accepted in total by the Government or by the 7th CPC and also support the trade unions who have taking up the common demands of the working class, today all workers have the similar issues. Hence for our Central Government Employees demands and trade union demands we should join the 2nd SEPTEMBER 2015 NATIONAL STRIKE.