Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

No Demand Certificate to Govt servants on Retirment

Pl see

The undersigned is directed to say that Department of Pension and Pensioner’ Welfare vide Notification No. S.O 829 (E) dated 7th April 2010, published in the Gazette of India on 12th April, 2010 has made amendments to Rules 64 71, 72 & 80 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972, providing thereby to withhold 10% of the amount of Gratuity admissible to retiring Government employees who are in occupation of Govt accommodation. However, consequent upon the issue of above notification, a large number of those Government employees, who have not been allotted Government accommodation are also approaching the Directorate of Estates for obtaining ‘No Demand Certificate’. In this regard, orders dated 21.11.1963 issued by this Directorate already exist. According to these orders, in cases where a Government servant has not been in occupation of any Govt residential accommodation during the service, a reference to the Directorate Estates for the issue of ‘NDC’ to him should not be necessary.

In view of this, it is reiterated that in cases where a Govt servant has not been allotted and occupied any residential accommodation during the service, instead of approaching this Directorate, the No Demand Certificate should be issued by the administrative authority concerned after verification of their records and obtaining the declaration from the Govt servants concerned, in the form enclosed herewith and attested by a Gazetted officer.

No comments: