The Secretariat of Confederation met on 22nd August 2013 under the Presidentship of Com KKN Kutty, President.
The Secretariat considered the discussion with AIRF and AIDEF Federations held on 29th June 2013 that evolved a consensus on the following 7-point Charter of Demands on the which struggles will have to be organised if the Government does not resolve them. The demands are:
1. Set up the 7th CPC and frame its terms of reference after consultation with Staff Side.
2. Merge DA with pay for all purposes.
3. Scrap the New Contributory Pension Scheme.
4. Regularize (a) Gramin Dak Sevaks of Postal Department.(b)Daily rated workers , (c) Contract Labourers:
5. Remove 5% Ceiling on Compassionate appointments.
6. Settle all 6th CPC anomalies raised in the National Anomaly Committee and implement the Arbitration Awards.
7. Remove Ceiling of Rs. 3500 on computation of Bonus
The Secretariat meeting after detailed discussion decided that the Confederation shall pursue the 15 point Charter of demands independently at the same time taking lead in strengthening common front with Railway and Defence Federations. The meeting further decided to mobilise the rank and file for an indefinite strike on these demands.
Confederation therefore decided the following programmes:
1. To organise state level Joint Strike Conventions of COC with the participation of all affiliated Unions/Associations/Federations during the month of August 2013.
2. To organise mass Relay Dharna at different places in all important during the first week of September 2013 (from 2ndSept to 7th Sept 2013).
3. To conduct nationwide strike ballot during the last week of September 2013 (on 25, 26 and 27th September 2013).
4. To convene the CWC meetings of all affiliated Unions/Associations/Federations before 1st week of October 2013. Confederation Central HQ leaders may be invited to attend the meeting.
The Confederation Secretariat also took the following decisions:-
The meeting decided to organise the All India Women's Convention in the month of 3rd week of October 2013 at New Delhi. Date of the Convention and other details shall be communicated later.
National Convention of Central Trade Unions
The Central office bearers of the Confederation shall attend the Convention of Central Trade Unions on 6th August 2013 at New Delhi.