Minutes of the COC Karnataka meeting held on 16/1/13 at ITEF office.
The meeting was attended by Circle Secretaries / General Secretary of all units of NFPE, ITEF, AIDEF, Ground Water, AG’s, Survey of India etc.
The Meeting of the COC Karnataka was chaired by Com Kamalesh President and Com S.RadhaKrishna working president COC Karnataka. Joint Secretary of AIDEF Com Ravindran Pillai attended the meeting as special invitee.
At the beginning of the meeting Com Radhakrishna on behalf of the presidium informed about the sad demise of Com OP Gupta, veteran leader of CG and Telecom movement on 6-1-2013. He was 92 years old and his services to the CG movement was remembered. Two minutes silence was observed and respect was paid to the departed soul.
The General Secretary Com P.S.Prasad briefed the members about the call given by Central Trade unions and endorsed by Confederation for general strike of workers on February 20th. The need for CG employees joining the strike and importance of the strike was also explained. He also briefed about the impact of the 12/12/12 strike. He also informed that Confederation is deputing Com S.K.Vyasji President of Confederation to Bangalore to educate the members about the issues on which general strike has been called. Com Vyas is coming to Bangalore on 7th February. The meeting also discussed about the atrocities that is being committed against women.
Com by Com S.RadhaKrishna working president COC Karnataka & Com Ravindran Pillai Joint Secretary AIDEF Bangalore also spoke on the need for February 20th & 21st Strike.
After detail discussion following decisions was taken.
1) To Conduct a massive rally of Government Employees jointly by State unit of Confederation and AIDEF on 7/2/13. The procession will start from Gandhi Statue near Ananda Rao Circle at 2.30 PM an conclude at Freedom park with a. public meeting. Com Vyas adnd other trade union leaders will address. General Secretary with the cooperation of other members of the secretariat will make all necessary arrangements.
2) To conduct Convention during 2nd week of February on the issue of ‘Status of women in Society and General strike on 20 & 21 February’
4) To print posters and handbills for the February 20th & 21stStrike & rally.
5) All affiliates were requested to contribute the special contributions @ Rs 5 per member towards expenditure of February 20th & 21stStrike.
6) Mobilise maximum members for rally & public meeting, the minimum quota of participants in procession and rally from each organization will be as follows.
a) NFPE-200 b) AIDEF -200 c) State Government-200 d) ITEF -50 e) AG’s -100 f) Central Excise-50 h) Ground Water-25 i) Survey of India- 25 j) GSI-25 K) CGHS-25 and l) other organizations-100
7) It was decided to oppose new CGHS timings
The General Secretary of the State Government Employees Federation(ookuta) has informed that they also will bejoining rally and public meeting on 7 February.