Let us go through the Railway budget, Bank employees wage revision and our program of action:
Railway Budget :
Now it is quite clear today the Railway budget for the year 2015-16 which has been presented in the parliament has not made any financial provisions for the Interim relief, DA Merger and 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations if we go through the Budget of the Railway Revenue and Expenditure of the Central Government for 2015-16 & Demands for Grants for Expenditure of the Central Government on Railways we notice there is no change in allocation of account of salary and wages part comared to previous year this change is less than 1%.
There are more dangers of PPP model as presented in Railway budget, this will also likely be followed in Postal and Defence units.
The same policy is likely to be reported in the Finance budget also.
Comrades high time just like Bank Employees who had various trade union actions from past three years were successful in getting their wage revision from 1) The wage revision will be effective from 1.11.2012 and the annual wage increase in salary and allowances @ 15%. that means the Bank Employees wage revision takes place once in 5 years, whereas the Central Government Employees have to wait for 10 years for wage revision. There DA merger is taking place in Banks also in BSNL DA merger has taken place. Even through 100 % DA has crossed as on 1/1/2014.
Moreover the most of the CG employees have 6 days a week whereas in Bank every second and fourth Saturday of the month will be a holiday and the other Saturdays will be full working days
The Main issues of GDS employees have not been resolved , the reference to the 7th CPC has not been issued in spite of demand of staff side from past one year.
Comrades we should not be silent on our demands we should follow the Bank Employees model and we should mobilise more persons for direct action let us unite under the banner of Joint Council of Action of Central Government Employees and observe the following programs.
A) Mass meeting at district level on 2nd March 2015 in front of District Collector Office
B) State level Mass Meeting of all Central Government Employees to be held on 4th March 2015 at Bangalore at Railway Grounds behind City Railway Station from 10.30 am to 3pm
C) March to Parliament on 28th April 2015.
1) Com Shiva Gopal Mishraji
General Secretary ALL INDIA RAILWAYMEN’S FEDERATION & National JCA Convener.
2) Com M.Krishnanji
Secretary General Confederation of CG Employees and Workers
3) Com Sreekumarji
Secretary General AIDEF
c) March to Parliament on 28th April 2015.
Charter of demands:
1. Effect wage revision of Central Government employees from 1.12014 accepting the memorandum of the staff side JCM; ensure 5-year wage revision in future; grant interim relief and merger of 100% of DA. Ensure submission of the 7th CPC report with the stipulated time frame of 18 months; include Grameen Dak Sewaks within the ambit of the 7th CPC. Settle all anomalies of the 6th CPC.
2. No privatisation, PPP or FDI in Railways and Defence Establishments and no corporatisation of postal services;
3. No Ban on recruitment/creation of post.
4. Scrap PFRDA Act and re-introduce the defined benefit statutory pension scheme.
5. No outsourcing; contractorisation, privatisation of governmental functions; withdraw the proposed move to close down the Printing Presses; the Publication, Form Store and Stationery department and Medical Stores Depots; regularise the existing daily rated/casual and contract workers and absorption of trained apprentices;
6. Revive the JCM functioning at all levels as an effective negotiating forum for settlement of the demands of the CGEs.
7. Remove the arbitrary ceiling on compassionate appointments.
8. No labour reforms which are inimical to the interest of the workers.
9. Remove the Bonus ceiling;
10. Ensure five promotions in the service career.
Let us make the above programs a grand success and Central Government has to concede to our justified demands.